Saturday, January 28, 2012

For the LOVE?!

Got back from soccer practice about 20 minutes ago. It started at 6:30, and though it is a Saturday morning; I play soccer for fun, so I loved it. And I thought that everybody else on my team did too. But only I and three others showed up.
Where is the passion? Where is the love? It seems that most people don’t really DO things for fun. They only do things because they are required. Looking at the book that I have to read for Honors English (Great Expectations), the only way I am going to get it is if I want to read it. So far, I don’t really understand what is happening, even though I am seven chapters in.
I have made a goal. And I would love to share it. I have been giving a half-hearted attempt to "Love More". But, in the optimistic rave that I am on right now, I am going to do better than ever.
I also invite whoever is reading this blog (probably nobody, unless Thompson takes the time) to join me in my effort to "Love More".
To "Love More" doesn't only mean to love the things that you already like. It also means to love the things you HATE. After a while, they won’t be things you hate; which is the outcome I am hoping for because I hate so many things.
Is it even possible to start to like something you absolutely loath? I would say YES. It has already started to happen for me. Annoying people, just annoy me. But since I have wanted to love more, I have actually made some new friends. Another thing; I hate to work out. I then thought about how soccer is working out, and now I like it. I like it also because I have this huge fear of getting fat. I hate eating healthy, and along with my fear, and some delicious concoctions that I have eaten lately, I have been able to like to eat healthy foods, some of the time. Since I can’t think of anymore things that I have come to like, I will move on.
So, other than liking things you hate. “Love More” can also be loving things you like. For example, I love hanging out with people. Every time I am with anyone, I want to make every time the sickest time yet. I love soccer, and so I show up to the early morning stuff, and I work on soccer when I am at home, so then I am better, which results in me loving it more when I play. I like it when my mom is happy, so then I work (making me like working) so that she is then happy.
So, I have officially run out of things to say. But I would suggest to you to join me in this “goal” of mine. If you like happy people, be happy because then they will be happy, and the world will be a better place. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment