Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tired, Lazy, WHY TRY?

This third term, I am finding that I am getting more and more lazy, and I feel more tired each day. Why is this happening to me? I will tell you why.

Not only is third term proving to me each day why it is called "the hardest", but the weather is bringing me down! It is not warm enough to play outdoor soccer, or be outside, or wear shorts, or do anything fun. I have to memorize a hundred things, and study my butt off. My friend group is falling apart. I wan't summer to come already! Oh! And only a few more days until I move into my new house! I am waiting to do a blog on the whole process of house buying and why it is a pain, and why it is good until after I move! So in 2 weeks expect something along those lines... anyways... Ah, I'm in a bad mood.

Here are my thoughts on Gregor Mendel...
Interestingly enough, I actually like biology because I actually learn things. I am interested in the Gregor Mendel guy because I understand it. Mama and Papa Nye explained it to me. Thumbs up for understanding!!! (:


Gregor Mendel

He was born in the Czech Republic. He was considered a gifted student and was sent to a school in Germany. He always did very well in his studies. He went to take the test for his education degree, and failed it four times. He had very high strung nerves and would storm out of the exam rooms; consequently, he would fail the exams. He was a monk, but no, monks aren’t what we perceive them to be. He spent a lot of his free time doing beneficial things such as visiting the sick, attending church meetings and such. One of his college professors was none other than Doppler (who is the person who the Doppler effect is named). He substitute taught and then was so good at teaching that they hired him as a full time teacher; ignoring the fact that he hadn’t passed the test to get his teaching degree. He took fascination in pea plants, and in the monastery he cross-bred them. He came up with the Punnett Square. Gregor Mendel was a very high strung man, he later took up cigarettes. People thought very well about him, though, and put in good words about him in his obituary. He was a very prodigious man!

No comments:

Post a Comment