Saturday, December 3, 2011

Surgery

The end of this week was so crazy. Thursday I went to school, and then went home like an hour later due to the weather. After I got home, I went to my orthodontist to get my braces. I got purple.  My teeth were way sore, but that’s all normal. But here will be the main part of my blog this week: My surgery yesterday.

                My mouth is (well, I guess WAS now…) pretty messed up. The two canines on the right side of my mouth never fell out. In the x-rays it showed that the grown up teeth were full grown, and wouldn’t push anymore. My baby teeth roots were still in full contact. The canine on the bottom had just grown up, and the baby tooth was still in full contact. The canine on the top was a different story. It had deflected off the canine and somehow got stuck up in the pallet and the root was all twisted in the bone of my pallet. The procedure goes like so…

                I don’t know why it is called a surgery because I didn’t get anesthesia, I just got numbed. They were suppose to give me three shots in the top of my mouth (two in the roof, one in the gum) and two in the bottom (on either side of the tooth). They ended up giving me 4 in my roof and one in my gum on the top. The tooth was further up in then they expected, and I kept feeling the laser (which hurts really, really bad).  They took the laser and burned away a big hole… (I can’t really see it, but it feels like it’s a little smaller than a dime) in the roof of my mouth in order to expose the tooth. Like I said before, it was farther in the bone and farther back then they had expected, so they had to go farther. The taste and smell of burning flesh in your mouth is abhorrent. I have thought about how you would explain it, but you really can’t. It’s nauseating. It smells almost sweet. But not in a good way, it’s possibly like caramel burning in a microwave on some rotten cow or something.  You might just have to try it out to understand. After they laser half your mouth out, they then take out your tooth, making the hole even bigger and longer. That’s kind of all they did on the top of my mouth, and on the bottom they just took out the tooth. I cannot EAT ANYTHING. It hurts way bad. My teeth don’t hurt at all, because when you get the procedure done, they put the laser light on all your gums, so then they are less sore with the braces, but, the holes in my mouth are really arduous to live with. I will have this thing for 2 weeks, and after that time period, they are going to drag my teeth to where they are suppose to be, I am way scared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment