Sunday, November 27, 2011

CALI

So this weekend I went to California, it was pretty dang fun. It started out with a 5 hour drive on Tuesday to St. George to my cousins house. They are very interesting! Right when we got there, we were beckoned back into the boy’s room, only to find that the pet snake had gotten out. While we were half-heartedly looking for the baby snake which had gone missing, I over came my fear of big snakes, because they also had a huge snake! (No worries, they were both King Snakes, which aren’t venomous, but prefer to strangle their pray to death). *Quick Verity: I don’t know if you knew, but king snakes eat rattlesnakes.* I held the big snake. Yes, I did. And I’m very proud to say I have no fear of holding them now, well, as long as they don’t have venom, and don’t bite, and for picture sake of course.  Along with the two snakes, they have two dogs, two birds, and two fish. They also have 5 kids, are homeschooled, and live a sugar free diet! It is really a vibrant life! I was homeschooled until third grade, until my mom got struck with a pretty nasty virus of Giardia, which made her hair fall out and made her really sick.  Ok, so after we ate a French toast breakfast, we embarked on another journey of 6 hours to California. The first day at Disney Land we walked a total of 15 miles (I know this because my mom wears a pedometer called a “FItBIt”.) On Thanksgiving, we walked 13 miles, and had an exceptionally eventful day. We went on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” in hopes to hear a little “Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me”, but ended up getting stuck on the ride for an hour, listening to that song over and over. I swear, if I ever hear another blimp of that song, I will kill somebody. That song…. is tattooed… into my…. brain. We then had ribs and corn bread and corn and chocolate milk and chicken for dinner. It was really good, and also really expensive. Another day at Disney Land the next day. On Saturday we went to the Gun Show, we are really good friends with the owners of the show, (we actually went with them to two days of Disney Land). We got sunglasses and a Bob Marley bracelet for me. When we were done with that, just my family went to the ocean and looked at tide pools, which are actually way cool! I held like everything in there. Later that night, we went to “The Old Spaghetti Factory” and ate dinner with the two families we had been hanging out with before. We had to wait an hour for a place even to sit, but the time passed by because there was a balloon making guy who made all sorts of creations, and was free. Today was the worst day. We left to hotel at 7:45 this morning, and didn’t get back home until 8:45 tonight, and we only stopped three times! An hour and a half into the drive, my little sister puked up her brains all over in the car… And  I was sitting right next to her when her stomach exploded. I did all that I could to get away from it. But she managed to splatter some right on my favorite jacket. I almost threw up myself. Other than that, all went well, and I’m very ecstatic to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment