Sunday, April 29, 2012

Please one, disappoint the other.

At this very moment, I am on two teams. Fairfield Track Team. And Wasatch Soccer. These past (how long has track been going on?) weeks, I have been so stressed and overbooked. Track everyday, soccer 5 out of 7 days, and just various social activities. Last year, I was so much better at track than this year. I just can't run as fast. I can run longer, but not faster, so distance is out of the picture. Anyway, the coaches loved me last year. I could do the 400 in 1:11 and I hung out with all the... "Track Stars" even though I wasn't the best, I was good enough. This year I went in pretty much expecting that I would do the same. When my first time came out as 1:21 though, I got thouroughly disappointed in myself. The weird part is that I am in better shape than last year. My soccer coach then all the sudden decided to have soccer practice... Mondays 5-6, Wednesdays 6-7, Thursdays (game days), Fridays 6-7, and Saturdays (game days). Track ends at 5 on week days and 4 on Fridays. So for a week, I went from track to soccer everyday, and with other commitments, I wouldn't have any time for homework or anything until 8 or 9 every night. I was totally over doing it. Then the first track meet came. I had four events... I did all of them, and even after my last race (the medley) finished my race, took off my shoes, got a few comments from the coaches, and ran to my car while the rest of my team was finishing it up. Consequently, I didn't get to my soccer game until the beginning of the second half (40 minute halfs). My coach, who was pretty furious, didn't put me in until the last ten minutes.  I cried to myself on the side line because I very much wanted to go in. After the game, my dad ran into Home Depot. While he was doing his buisness in there... I called a very dear friend of mine. I told him about my track meet and game and how my coach punished for me being late, I asked for advice because I obviously couldn't be doing both even though I loved both very, very much. He asked which I was better at. Which was soccer, of course. I then told my soccer coach that I wouldn't be late again. I ended up getting kicked from three of my events. At the next track meet, I finished high jump, and found out that my medley team needed me. So, again I ran my race, and ran to the car. I made it to my game in time, and my coach played me the whole time and we won 5-0. Now, I don't qualify for the 400 anymore because I didn't try very hard for the second round of timings because I had decided I wanted to be more serious with soccer. The last track meet is coming up this Thursday, and I want more than anything to run more events. But, I also have a game that starts right in the middle of the track meet. Right now I am really stressing about it. Should I try to qualify again? What if I can't make it to the event if I do qualify? Now my soccer coach loves me again, and has gone back to starting me, but now I feel like I let down my track team. I can't wait until track is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment