Friday, April 6, 2012

we are IMPACTED

Today I was writing my book review on Goodreads (Okay, okay, so maybe my life is so dismal that I do homework that isn't even due over spring break. But, who cares, right? He he,,, not me...) and I thought I was doing a spectacular job, I actually thought that it was some of my best writing. I had written like 4 paragraphs (long paragraphs, might I say) and I was getting into it, and was actually enjoying writing it, I thought it was way insightful..Whether anyone else would think the same is debatable, but anyway. I was listening to some Coldplay on youtube, and then I realized that it was preventing me from getting done with my review faster, so I went to delete that tab, and accidentally deleted all the tabs, resulting in a loss of all my book review. I was so mad! I can't believe that it didn't save anything! I think that an improvment is needed here! So I gave up, because it frustrated me so much. It was going to be my blog for this week. But because of the tragic loss of all my hardwork, this will have to do.
Once upon a long time ago, my science teacher said something in class. My science teacher isn't that exciting so I don't remember the lesson and don't recollect why he would have said such a thing that left such an impact on my life. (Okay, now that I am thinking about this, I don't exactly recall how he worded this, or how to word this at all, but let's give this a chot.....) Everything that you come in contact with has an impact on you, and ultimatly is what builds you up to be the person that you will be. The only reason that this has stuck with me is because he said "Like, Honors English students, they will be different than those who haven't read Great Expectations." I was like oh dang..thats me I am so cool. But the more that I have thought about it, the more it has intriged me. It has totally given me a new perspective on the world, and my life. It made me want to DO things. Doesn't it make you want to do the same? I want to travel, to Rome specifically, just to see things. (NERD ALERT FOR THE NEXT SENTENCE) I have actually been researching some things over the break. Did you know that whole wheat bread and whole wheat pasta is actually bad for you, conflictive to prior beliefs? Yeah! Crazy, huh? I also went and got a tour of the Conference Center in SLC and when before I wouldn't have enjoyed going to tour a building that I have been in before, I actually learned a lot. It seats 21,000 people, and on the roof there is a garden, on the west side of the roof it looks like it would if you were in the Rockies; pine trees and such. On the east side, it looks like what it would have looked like if you were in the Oker (is that the right spelling?) mountains, more meadowy with flowers and things. It was gorgeous, and I ended up loving the tour. Our tour guide was German, and that was pretty cool. Something that I have been thinking too, is that even if you saw the exact same things as someone else, you would take them different. So everything is unique for you.
This was probably pretty boring for you to read, because it is pretty personal to me. But there are some things that I would like you to take out from reading this; NOW is the time to get out and do things. Get off your lazy butt and do something awesome. Have an impact on someone else. I love the signs that you see sometimes on the highway that say "unplug". If you haven't seen some, I do believe that there is one on I15, but I am not really sure. Also, nothing is going to be enjoyable unless you go into it with an attitude that it will be worth while and fun. So, maybe you should be nerdy once in a while! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment