Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day: my mothers


 Well, Happy Mother’s day to all. Included in this post will be the letter that I wrote to my mom for this Mother’s Day. But for part of this entry I would like to include a tribute to women that I consider one of my “mothers”.

My Aunt Diana. Throughout my life, me and my cousin Makenna were what you might call “best cousins”. We did so much together (I resist saying EVERYTHING, but it was pretty close to that). We had sleepovers at least once a week (I was homeschooled around this time, so I had a pretty clear schedule). Since I was over there so much, I became very close with my Aunt Diana. After the years of freedom passed, and both Makenna and I’s schedules fogged up, I kind of broke off from Makenna for a while. We ceased having sleepovers weekly, and only got to see each other every once in a while when we would have a family gathering. I always was close to my Aunt Diana though. I remember once my parents were going on a backpacking trip, and my siblings and I had to spend a few nights over at their houses. Because my cousin participated in dance, she had to be gone for the day. I went to All-a-Dollar with Diana, got some snacks, then went back and just watched movies. I love my Aunt Diana.

Mama Nye. I have lived in the Nye’s ward for about 7 or 8 years, and all the years previous to these last two I would always hear the term “Mama Nye”, but thought it was just a catchy phrase for her. I didn’t think that it would actually apply! I started to call her Mama Nye after one rather depressing night in mutual. I was the newest beehive, and just felt like I had no friends. I was trying to fit in so hard, but it just seemed as if everybody had their crowds set and I wasn’t in with any of them. We were walking on this trail (which I can’t remember the name of) and all the girls had bikes except for me. Mama Nye was walking with me, and just talking to me. It made me feel so much better about my position in the Young Women’s! I remember another time, again after a mutual night, I was still kind of having troubles fitting in, and I asked Mama Nye for a ride home. Of course, she agreed to, and we set off. We were just sitting in the car the whole way, a few chit chats here and there, but mainly the whole ride I was busy feeling down because I didn’t fit in. When I stepped out of the car, I said “Thanks” and she replied with something like “Anytime other daughter!” Once again, it boosted my self esteem. Mama Nye continues to be a person that I look up to. I am over at their house a lot, mostly until late into the night, and I love it there, there is so much love in their home. Mama Nye IS Mama Nye to every kid she associates with. She holds a very big part in my heart because I know that I can always turn to her. There is no better way you can describe her.. “Mama Nye” has its own description, and I wish that I could somehow explain it. She is like a second mom to so many lucky people, and I am happy to list one of them as me.

Lastly, I would like to express my love and gratitude for my own mother. Though I love these two women that I have written about, my Mom is a different story. Of course she gave birth to me, raised me through the rough and even the smooth, and continues to provide for me, there is more than that. My Mom is my friend. Sometimes I can see myself in her actions, and it is very reassuring that maybe, just maybe, I could grow up to be like this miraculous woman. She has the best work ethic I have ever seen, and is truly my inspiration for my drive with everything I can do. Gotta impress Mom! It is the best gift when I get her approval, and I love her oh so very much! She’s stuck with me for so many years, and I know she will stay with me for however more! I love my Mommy!

Now, here is the letter that I wrote to my mom for this mother’s day!

 Haven't I already told you?

How pretty you are?

How understanding you are?

How funny you are?

How your style is on the dot?

How generous you always are?

How you’re so healthy?

Haven't I already told you!!!!

How I love to go shopping with you?

Walking is the best (for my health, and for a good time) when your around?

You help me in time of crisis (like that one time {almost every week} when I didn't have any clothes? Yeah, you got them for me.

You pay for all my wants and needs.

You got my back, like a good friend should.

You read so fast I can't even keep up.

Honestly. Haven't I already told you?

How good you make me feel about myself when I am down?

How you are so supportive?

And honest when it comes to...everything.

How you know what cute boys look like when you see them and you point them out to me?

How you are so cool? (Seriously though. I am so happy you don't wear mom jeans... I got to have my extra supply of clothes!)

That you have great work ethic?

You work harder than you sleep. (Which is a big thing for you)

How smart you are?

How you have great ideas always?

How you are so outgoing and can talk to anyone?

Haven't I already told you all of these things?

Don't I tell you them on a regular basis?

Well, yes, I do!

But I will continue telling you these things for the rest of your life!

First, because I love you, and they are true!

And second, because (even out of all my "moms") you are the best mom in the world!

Have a very happy mother’s day!!!!

(And while you’re at it, enjoy being your stunning new age of 30!!!! {The age everyone thinks you are})

Love, Mim

No comments:

Post a Comment